Seriously. How much longer?! I'm pretty sure that my ribs, on my right side, are going to spilt in half. (If they haven't already.) My back just might spilt in half, as well. This baby has not dropped one bit. And, considering the fact that the baby is packing on the pounds right now, I'm in pain.
Pain. Pain. Pain. And, it's not even labor! How do women have triplets or twins? I can't even imagine the rib pain while carrying two or three babies. And, how do women deal with labor on top of this constant, nagging pain?
This evening I told Josh that if I go into labor on my own, I'm going to ask for the epidural as soon as I walk in the door. (That's how crappy I have felt for the past week.) Actually, I'd take an epidural right now, if I could. I'm now resorting to crying a couple times a day because I'm so incredibly uncomfortable. I don't even cry during marathons, for goodness sake! (Actually, I did cry once...the MCM marathon in 2003, it was an awful marathon.)
We've had a great weekend. Josh has been dragging Michael and me all over the place. There are pictures to share, but that would require some extra effort on my part this evening. And, I'm all about wallowing in self pity right now.
More cheerfulness tomorrow! I am incredibly grateful, though. The baby is moving quite a bit, and is very healthy. And, that is certainly what is most important right now. I can make it a few more weeks...at least I'm not teaching and on my feet all day.

5 comments:
Awh honey...I am so sorry to hear that you are not getting a break from the pain. You are a super trooper...I am thinking of you and I hope that you get a little reprieve soon :)
Love,
Amy
I wish I could order you an epidural too, one that you can have before labor. I guess that's just wishful thinking, but one can dream!
The relief will come soon, but it just sucks right now!
I'm so sorry Katie. I feel your pain. The end is always the hardest. Just think though, before you know it, it will be like it happened ions ago!! :) At least that's how I always felt!!
I am glad that you guys had a nice weekend!! It's sounds like your boys are doing a good job taking care of you!
Oh Katie!! I'm so so SO sorry!! As a woman who has carried both Triplets and Twins, I'll tell you... The pain is NOTHING like what you're experiencing!! You've got a babe in there in a funky position!! He/She must be pressing up a against the wrong nerve or bone, and is obviously just making you miserable!! I'm so sorry that your last few weeks have to be like this... I hope that in the next few days that Babe drops, shifts into position and enters this world in the way that He or She was meant to :) I'll be praying for you all!!
Be Well...
Hang in there babydoll! You are totally in our thoughts and prayers. If it helps at all, I had a lot of pain at the end of my pregnancy as well and as soon as labor started the body pain seemed to disappear and it became all about labor pain. I know it isn't much consolation, but hopefully you won't have to worry about your body pain so much and soon you can just focus on the productive pain that makes the baby come.
Love and hugs and kisses - Meleah
Post a Comment