On Saturday morning Josh decided to drag Michael and me to a cross country invitational. We started out for this adventure around 9:30 on Saturday morning, which would put us at the meet shortly after the start of the first JV race. However, we we were delayed for about ten minutes in the driveway, so that Josh could check the stove. (He made pancakes for Michael earlier in the morning and couldn't remember if he turned the stove off.) Then Josh had the foresight to make sure that Michael used the restroom before heading to the meet. (I'm really thankful for all that Josh is doing for us right now, he's truly a fantastic dad and husband.)Finally, we were on our way! Except, for the fact that Michael decided about ten minutes down the highway that he needed to have a "bm". So we turned around and ran into Michael and Mary Jane's for another restroom break. (Hehehe!) : ) By this point, it was after ten am. We decided to go to the meet anyway, though.
The cross country meet was held on the grounds of this amazing, restored plantation. The views were gorgeous, and would have been even more beautiful if I wasn't suffering from this blasted rib pain. There were so many pictures that I would have loved to have taken of Michael, but "someone else" was the center of my attention that morning. We parked pretty far away from the course, and had to trek across a pasture to get to the meet. The meet was by far the largest cross country meet I've ever been to. Music was blaring from these enormous speakers (good running tunes!), the finish line was awesome (it reminded of a marathon), and of course there were runners all over the place! When we finally got to the finish line, Michael and I plopped overselves down on the ground. (Note the above picture of the two of us...) I think that we were the only people sitting at this meet besides the senior citizens. The seniors had chairs, while we didn't even bring a blanket! : )
Josh eventually made the two of us get up, so that we could see the start of the JV "A" race. It was incredible to see the number of races; there were a few JV races and then a few V races. The meet was an all day event. Our high school was well represented in both varsity races. We didn't get to watch our varsity "A" teams because Michael and I were spent, after walking around in a field for a few hours.
Josh dealt with the whining quite nicely. I'd love to smack my whiny self some days, but he's pretty tolerant. I have another really funny story to go along with all of this, so I'll work on typing it out this afternoon. Stay tuned. I'll leave you hanging by saying that it was a "first" for our little Michael B. Here's a photo that will give you a clue.... Hehehe... Please note Josh's body language...

1 comments:
Can't wait for the continue story!!! It looks like it was a beautiful day to spend some time outside.
Post a Comment