Michael woke up bright and early this morning, ready to conquer the world. Before we even got down the steps for breakfast he was asking to pitch the tent, paint, and go to Grandma and Pap-Pap's house. I was still rubbing my eyes at this point, wishing that a cup of coffee would hit the spot or that I had just finished running with my girlfriends. (Michael is a bit easier to handle in the morning, if I have been up a good hour before he wakes. My energy level doesn't match his these days!)
We decided to hit the tennis courts after the walk, to burn off some excess energy. Michael is fun to play tennis with because he LOVES to chase each and every ball! How awesome is that? I hit a couple of serves, and he charged across the court to retrieve the balls for me. Josh has been taking Michael to the courts near our house to play on Saturday mornings. Naturally, I was eager to see what Michael has learned from Josh's Saturday lesson. His hand/eye coordination is really improving and so is his confidence. Michael will enthusiastically tell you that he is a "really, really good server!" We are letting him use Josh's old racquetball racquet right now. It's pretty light and it gives him lots of room to hit the ball.
Josh is going to cringe when he sees these pictures because of the Crocs! Crocs are not allowed on the tennis court or the playground, according to Josh! : )
Michael taught his favorite cow, "Moo", how to serve today. Then she got a little tired and had to take a break!
Moo also went over to the playground with us after tennis! (He loves this cow.) She even went down the big slides with Michael. : ) The playground was wonderful today. The temperature was great, the playground was full of preschool age children, and Michael was able to run and run! Nap time came pretty easily (and, early!) this afternoon.

3 comments:
looks like a pretty good day....
m
So cute! What a great day! I love Moo!
I love this post (the description of his questions). Isn't it funny that we were just talking about these questions last night (I hadn't read yet)? As far as answering - I say pick your "battles" & I'm sure you do a wonderful job! Crocs on the tennis court are FINE - haha! The little MOO fella is so darn cute!!!
Smiles,
Amy
Post a Comment