The conclusion to the previous post:
Obviously, Michael needed to use the restroom at the cross country meet. It didn't seem "appropriate" to take him to the bushes, so Josh reluctantly took him into a Johnny Blue for the first time. I refused. (I'm pregnant and all, and subject to vomiting at the drop of a hat. How I love playing the pregnancy card!)
As soon as Josh and Michael got into the Johnny Blue, Josh clearly and firmly told Michael to keep his hands to himself. And, sure enough Michael reached out for the urinal. And, even rubbed his hand in it!!! (EWWWWW!!!!) Josh wasn't fast enough to grab his hand! (EWWWW!!!)
By the time the two of them got out of the Johnny Blue, they were both greatly stressed. It was hysterical. Michael was horrified by the conditions of the Johnny Blue. (Truly, he was sickened!) As Josh and I were dousing him in purell and putting on his shoes, Michael stated that, "We need to buy them water, Mom. The potty did not have any water, Mom. Why it not have water, Mom?"
Towards the end of our excursion, Josh declared that he needed to use the restroom before we began the journey home. Michael announced that he would NOT be going back in "one of those things." He was pretty much traumatized. Thank goodness for Josh that day because I would have marched Michael over to the woods if I were by myself in that situation! Taking a child to a public restroom is bad enough, but a Johnny Blue is just unacceptable in my mind.
Never in my life, did I think that I would be writing about the adventures in a Johnny Blue! I just hope this is the last time... Josh and I sure did have a good laugh about it, though.
While we were at the meet, Michael made "hay bales" for his cow, Moo. Thankfully, we talked him down from bringing all that grass in the car. I really thought he was going to have a temper tantrum when we told him that the hay bale needed to stay in the field.

4 comments:
That is the cutest story...even funnier b/c I know just how much Josh HATES germs!! :) TOO funny.
I still can't wait for Baby #2. Did you ask him if Lauren can hold her/him? hee hee
Hugs~~
How funny! I always tell the kids not to touch ANYTHING (except themselves :)) when they use the JB. YUCK!
Sounds like your week is going well. I've been thinking about you - want that baby to drop! Talk to you when we get back.
That's so cute! I never thought of the name Johnny Blue for those awful things before. Thanks for the tip :)
UMM...EWWW is right! I just can't imagine! I was laughing out loud when reading about MB's water statements and questions...it is so cool to see that they think the same way that we do :) Good times!
Amy
Post a Comment