Wednesday, August 06, 2008

A Great Day Because....

Today has been a great day for many small, but significant reasons.  Here's a little list I've compiled in my head throughout the day.  

Let's get to it!

1.  Running!  Yep!  I was still able to run/walk a little over four miles this morning.  I felt great and it felt comforting to fall back into my early, early morning schedule.  I did not have ONE SINGLE side stitch, which was such a relief and has restored my faith in being able to continue exercising.  My goal for tomorrow is a slow three or four.  

2.  Lunch!  We enjoyed a great, laid back, summer lunch with my "in town" Grandparents, and two of my brothers, James and Clay.  Michael adores his uncles, and so do I.  We enjoyed clowning around my Grandmother's house and catching up with one another.  Michael convinced both of them to play outside- CARS!- of course.  Clay is NOT allowed to move out of the area when he graduates.  I won't hear of it, as a matter of fact.  "The area" does encompass the entire state, so he still has a few options. = ) 

3.  Chacos!  I just purchased a pair of chacos online and they came in this afternoon.  Don't you just love online shopping??? Unfortunately, they are small.  (Boo!!)  But, return shipping is free and I'm going to place the order again.  They are every bit as awesome as what Melissa B. suggests, even Michael likes them!

4. The baby!  I've been a little down in the dumps lately, with all of these major bodily changes.  I feel huge, though I know I'm right where I should be in terms of weight gain. But still. = (  The body  changes are just a little overwhelming at times.  However, it's worth every ounce and then some, just to feel the baby shift, kick, or sway in my belly.  I just can't wait to meet this little person.  The newborn diapers (from diapers.com) came in yesterday--UGGH!  They're SO, SO, SO little and cute.  = )

5.  Swimming!  Michael and I went to the pool before dinner this evening as a way to wind down for the evening.  He actually got into a skirmish at the pool. That was not good, and was not a highlight!!  I've never heard or seen Michael get so irritated with another child before, which was upsetting.  He can certainly hold his own, though.  (The other little three year old wanted to play with Michael's car, "Lightning McQueen".  When the other child tried to grab it from Michael, he panicked and held on TIGHT to that little car and screamed for dear life! The other little boy was SCREAMING, as well.  Fun Times!)  The positive aspect of swimming, though, was that I was able to visit with some good friends.  Seeing friends unexpectedly is ALWAYS fun!  So is wearing out your three year old before bed time!

6.  Paperwork is Completed!  I just completed my paperwork for the anesthesiologists.  You know, for my un-medicated, VBAC birth that I'm planning? ; ) I'm learning to just keep my mouth shut about the VBAC.  Anytime I mention it, I feel like the individual with whom I speaking to, snickers at my crazy notion of wanting to have a baby "the natural way".  I mean, why wouldn't you want to have your stomach sliced open, right? It's so much easier, especially when you can pick your own date!  Anyway.  At least the paperwork is done, just in case a cesarean is necessary, or if labor is too intense and I need an epidural.  That's one more thing checked off the baby list!

We've had a wonderful day and I'm feeling very grateful to be so healthy, to be carrying this baby, and to spend so much time with Michael.  I'm really going to struggle with sending him to the sitter a couple times a week when we return from the beach.  I know he's at the point where developmentally he *needs* to be with other children and other adults.  Michael is just growing up too quickly!  

Belly shots tomorrow, WAHOO!! Right?!? 

3 comments:

Melis B said...

Yay!! What a wonderful day you had. I am so happy for you on all the accounts, especially the Chacos and the running! I know those two...

I think I might go over to Sound Feet Shoes and drool over the new Fall Chacos tomorrow. :)

Have a great day tomorrow, hope it is as great as today!!

Hugs,
Melis

Amanda said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day today!

Yes, please share belly shots! Its almost time for you to meet the little one! How exciting!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a great day Kate! I'm sorry, Iknow it probably wasn't fun, I but I luagh so hard when I read the story about the pool because I could just see it all happening. Love your post...your thankfulness is contagious!


Love
Amy