(Some birthday party pics from last night....)
Yes, we spent another afternoon at the pool! Josh came with us today, though, which made our daily pool outing even more fun. We took turns holding Michael, so that we could both swim a few laps. Boy, am I out of shape! My arms felt so weak, but I will say that I almost didn't feel pregnant while swimming those laps today.
The relief from the water was very much welcomed today, believe me! This morning in mass, I honestly felt like my abs and ribs were being split in half. I felt like such a wimp, and tried to think of all of the pregnant women at mass who have three, four, or five children in tow and handle the rib splitting pain just fine. I sure do wish that my stomach muscles would just split already and let this baby through! : )
I'd like to start swimming in the mornings, but I need to check into the times for lap swimming for the city pool. Our little town pool does not have lap swimming hours, which is annoying because little kids are constantly in and out of the lap lane. The wake is also terrible because the proper lane lines are not up. When I was pregnant with Michael, I did a good bit of swimming until I got sick around 24/25 weeks. It would be great to find SOME type of exercise to get me through the next few months until I can run again!
Tomorrow I have the glucose test appointment, where the lab does some blood work to make sure that I don't have gestational diabetes. And, of course we'll get to hear the sweet heart beat, too! (Yay, yay, yay!!!) Michael is going to spend the day with Peggy so that I can gallivant about the town (grocery shopping is actually what I'll be doing!). He can't wait to see his friends and Peggy!
The relief from the water was very much welcomed today, believe me! This morning in mass, I honestly felt like my abs and ribs were being split in half. I felt like such a wimp, and tried to think of all of the pregnant women at mass who have three, four, or five children in tow and handle the rib splitting pain just fine. I sure do wish that my stomach muscles would just split already and let this baby through! : )
I'd like to start swimming in the mornings, but I need to check into the times for lap swimming for the city pool. Our little town pool does not have lap swimming hours, which is annoying because little kids are constantly in and out of the lap lane. The wake is also terrible because the proper lane lines are not up. When I was pregnant with Michael, I did a good bit of swimming until I got sick around 24/25 weeks. It would be great to find SOME type of exercise to get me through the next few months until I can run again!
Tomorrow I have the glucose test appointment, where the lab does some blood work to make sure that I don't have gestational diabetes. And, of course we'll get to hear the sweet heart beat, too! (Yay, yay, yay!!!) Michael is going to spend the day with Peggy so that I can gallivant about the town (grocery shopping is actually what I'll be doing!). He can't wait to see his friends and Peggy!
(Our little swimmer! Maybe by the end of the summer he'll be able to do the doggie paddle!)

2 comments:
Good luck finding a nice and relaxing swimming area. The swimming sounds like a great thing for you since it will help relive the pressure.
Sounds like you all had a great weekend!
Isn't swimming the greatest when you are pregnant?! I would go to our gym's indoor pool and paddle around and sometimes I'd almost forget I was that big!!
Post a Comment