Monday, July 14, 2008

Open Your Heart.

During yesterday's mass, the priest mentioned the importance of opening one's heart during his homily.  Michael caught wind of this one sentence, that was repeated a couple of times by the priest.  With a confused face, he looked at me and said, "He wants to open my heart, Mom?!?"  I couldn't help but snicker at Michael, so he repeated his question.  "Why does he want to open my heart, Mom?!?!"  He seemed a little bit more stressed the second time he asked, so Michael (Granddad M.) leaned over and whispered into Michael B's ear, "He wants you to listen.  He wants you to listen."  Michael seemed satisfied with Granddad's answer and then moved on to another question.  


Every once in awhile Michael catches wind of a sentence in the priest's homily that strikes his interest.  I remember one morning Michael heard the priest say something like, "Be Quiet!"  And Michael completely understood that one sentence of the homily.  In fact, he repeated it and told me that, "HE  said to BE QUIET, MOM!!!"  

I sure do love this little guy....

3 comments:

Amanda said...

At least you know he's paying attention!

Anonymous said...

I love you with all my opened heart, Kerr-Hoberts!!mj

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA! What a cute story...it is so sweet that he was worried about what it meant and I love his granddad's explanation...it was perfect :)

Love
Amy