Saturday, July 12, 2008

A Great Summer Day...

This morning the three of us got ourselves dressed in a timely fashion so that we could make it to the local farmer's market, which is only on Saturday mornings.  We loaded up on fresh fruits and veggies, which were grown by our local farmers.  On our way out of the market, I noticed the Democrat stand which had lots of Obama bumper stickers and signs.  I slyly asked Josh if we could pick one up for my car.  He said, "Sure, we can get you an Obama bumper sticker, Kate.  You'll just have to wear it on your back because it's not going on the car.  We only do bumper stickers for family."  : ) We laughed most of the way back to his dad's house, until the bag of vegetables got too heavy.  

We spent the rest of the day lounging with Michael and Mary Jane, and then lounging around at home. After Michael's nap, it was time to celebrate a friend's second birthday!  So, we headed to the country for pizza and birthday cake.  Michael had a blast running around our friends' yard in his bare feet and playing with the other children.  And, Josh and I enjoyed relaxing with our dear friends.  

What a simple, but beautiful day. The three of us love warm, summer evenings spent with friends.  

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I so want to visit the farmer's market. My dad makes a point of trying to get over there fairly regularly :) When I told him I wanted to go he said "you have to get over there EARLY Amy." HAHA!

I think the bumper sticker on your back is a great idea!! LOL!

Amy