Monday, July 14, 2008

I want to go to college.


One more funny Michael story for the day....

Yesterday while we were swimming in the pool, I saw a young woman who goes to VT, Jill.  It's been quite some time since we've seen one another so we chatted a little in the pool. 

Michael, of course, was curious about this girl.  So, I explained that her brother went to high school with his Uncle Clay and that they were on the same soccer team together.  I then told him that Jill goes to VT, just like Uncle Clay.  We also talked about the fact that her brother also goes to college. I explained to him that Jill's brother, Bobby, goes to Elon.   Michael then mentioned something about VT and Uncle Clay, and I replied that VT is an excellent college.  Michael then told me in a declarative voice, "I'm going to college one day, Mom.  I'm going to college, too."  

We sure do hope you do, Michael!  Wherever you want, your dad and I will be cheering you on every step of the way.  And, hopefully on to graduate school, little guy....

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sweet. Quite the statement from a three year old, but I think we know he is definitely a special little guy.

I'm cheering for VT all the way :)

Amy