Friday, June 13, 2008

Good Days and Bad Days.

I'm feeling so incredibly cruddy today.  : (  This morning started out fine, I ran a teensy bit, got myself to work in the nick of time, the morning was going smoothly.  And then, I got to third period and just started to feel worse as the day went on.  


Our school is pretty old, it has not been renovated since it opened (in the early 70's/late 60's).  Therefore, the HVAC is AWFUL, AWFUL, AWFUL. I feel like I am at the beach, without any water, sand, or sun, in my office.  It's hot and very humid.  As I was working away this morning, trying to wrap things up, I just got hotter and hotter and hotter.  I then felt like I was having some sort of panic attack because my breathing got more shallow as the period went on.  It was awful.  I never did fully recover from that morning incident, and as a result from the heat and humidity, I just started to feel more nauseous throughout the day.  By seventh period, all I wanted to do was to lay down on my couch, in the air conditioning.  

This evening I was supposed to participate in a girl's night with a group from school, so I arranged for my mom to pick up Michael and feed him dinner.  She was happy, he was happy, and I was happy about going out with friends.  However, when I got in my car to get the sitter's money and to drop it off with my mom, the nausea came back full force and the heat got to me again.  I went over to my mom's school and handed her the babysitting money for the sitter, and holding back tears I told her that I was just going to head home for a nap.  I also called Josh to let him know that the plans changed, and while we were on the phone I began to cry hysterically.  He was worried, naturally, and asked if I should go to the doctor.  Between tears, I told him no, that I was simply overreacting and hormonal, no need to worry.  : )

And, then just as I got myself settled, I pulled onto our street and heard the news about Tim Russert's death.  (Tears again.) I've had a good nap, Josh got take-out for us, my parents helped (tremendously) with Michael ; but I still feel icky this evening. Maybe I have reflux or something, maybe I just need more water, or maybe I need to turn the thermostat down another few degrees.   Also, I'm pretty sure that I'm carrying the baby just as high as I did with Michael, which hurts my ribs and makes breathing a challenge.

I sure am whinny today, aren't I?

0 comments: