Saturday, June 14, 2008

Our Little Swimmer





Josh and I are amazed at how much more comfortable Michael is in the water this year!  It's not a "scary comfortable" for us, though.  He still prefers the baby pool over the big pool and he really likes to just mess around in the water, pouring water from one bucket into another.  The major developments that we have noticed, though, are putting his face under the water (just a little bit...), blowing lots and lots of bubbles, and kicking like crazy when we try to do the superman float.  One other major change is that he can stand in the two feet area!  (Yay!) The water goes up to his chin, but he can stand nonetheless.  I bought some sort of flotation device for Michael, I think it's called a safety seal, but he hates it and throws a fit if I try to get him to wear it in either pool.  No big deal, just a waste of a money, though.  Maybe once he sees his friends, Lauren and Audrey, wear their safety seals he will be more compliant. Maybe.  : )

The pool felt so good this afternoon, I told Josh that Michael and I are going to frequent the pool a lot this summer!  It felt so good just to float around in the baby pool, sunning myself while Michael poured water on my head.  

I'm feeling so much better today.  I really believe that the heat got to me for some reason yesterday, and I was probably a little dehydrated, as well.  Like I said, there are always good days and bad days with pregnancy! 

1 comments:

Melis B said...

Yay! I'm so glad you had a great time!! We will have to find a day to meet. We love it there. We were there for 4.5 hours on Friday...it's wonderful at the CC pool. Glad you are feeling better.

Still thinking it's a girl!!

Hugs,
Melis