Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Relief!!







Thank you to all who left comments about the "stage" involved with the "three's", it's comforting to know that what we're experiencing is normal!  There are some days when I wonder to myself if we're doing something wrong or if our child is going to grow into an unruly, difficult child that we'll have to ship off to military school.  I kid, really I do... about the military school, but not about the parenting skills.  Some days, and even some weeks (!) are so incredibly challenging.  I told my dad today that I feel like we're getting a taste of what "13" is going to be like, with this newfound sense of independence.  

And then, there are nights like this evening.  Michael was really wiped out from daycare, so he did a lot of laying around with his stuffed animals and blankets.  Shamefully, I let him watch Max and Ruby and Blue's Clues, while I prepared dinner.  He just really seemed to need the rest and the chill out time.  Michael then had a bit of a melt down about having a BM on the potty.  I knew he needed to go, so I made him try a couple of times before dinner.  Of course, he refused to go, though he needed to go!  He screamed, cried, and said it wouldn't work. : (  Naturally, after dinner, he hopped up on the toilet by himself and finished his business.  (Thank goodness-no cleaning up poop in underwear this evening! Yay for Kate!)  

After dinner and a little treat, we decided to work a little on the screened-in porch.  We just bought an indoor/outdoor rug for the porch, so we decided to lay it out this evening.  Michael and Josh played some baseball. Michael really enjoys "pi$$ing the ball to his dad"!  (pi$$ing = pitching!!! HA!)  

We had a great dinner, and a great evening together.  I sure do love my guys and this time of the year!  Less than a week of work for me, and I couldn't be more excited!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I LOVE LOVE LOOOOOOVE the new header!! :) It looks so super duper!! Hilary is just soo cool isn't she... The talent that girls has... amazing. :)

Melis B said...

love love love the new banner!! It is so fantastic!!

I'm glad you had such a nice night. I truly enjoy the good ones, it seems they are so few and far between sometimes!! Last night was a good one for me as well, we had baths early and all three of us (no cb) laid on the couch and watched Animal Planet for a half hour~~Heaven!! I love snuggling with them!!

Have a great weekend Kate. I miss you, let's plan something again soon.

Anonymous said...

The new image is awesome - love it, love it, love it!

YAY for MB and for Kate on the Bm in the potty after dinner!

Pi$$ing - that is too funny! I get such a kick out of the way some of their words sound :)



Smiles,
Amy