Wednesday, March 05, 2008

You Mean?


I have a blog?  And, like, I used to write a little something every NIGHT?  Wha???  Huh???

Oh boy.  I've been really, really tired and just couldn't care less about trying to organize my thoughts in the evening these days.  While I'm up, I'll go ahead and summarize our week, as best as I can.  

Michael has had an accident everyday with the potty training, but that's okay.  I'm really not expecting a whole lot, honestly.  I don't think he is 100% ready, but I do agree with the sitter's idea of just trying it out right now.  Maybe that's the wrong approach and not what the experts would recommend, but whatever.  It's the route I'm taking.  We don't need to worry about him not getting into a pre-school or a daycare next year because of not being potty trained.   We're very happy with his sitter and the current situation.  And, I've always said that Michael has a mind of his own.  When he's ready to do something, he will.  We've known this about him since his conception; his is a strong willed little guy. (He did wait a year to grace us with his presence, and then refused to be delivered on time.)

School is going well.  Still loving my kids and becoming very attached to some of them.  I just want them to do well and to get A's on everything.  It's hard to get A's when you don't receive support from home.  I have to remind myself of this when some of my kids earn C's.  : ) I never knew how awesome a C average could be until this year!  

Running is ehh.  My running partner is out of town this week, and I'm afraid to run in the dark by myself.  This morning I tried to do the treadmill, but the breaker was thrown off because of the storms last evening.  I fixed it this evening, so I should be ready to go tomorrow morning. 
 
This evening we celebrated my brother James' birthday by going out dinner.  It was a lovely evening and it was fun to break up the monotony of the work week with a  dinner out.  Josh was able to join us, which was especially delightful.  Michael spilled a large glass of tea all over the table, and was mortified.  His feelings get hurt easily, and he gets embarrassed easily, as well.  That's okay!  I'd rather him cry a little than move on to knock the next drink over, I suppose.  

Maybe I'll have it in me to blog a little more tomorrow.  Since Lost is on, I know I'll be up!!

3 comments:

Kelly A said...

I find it hard to feel motivated about anything in this type of weather. I just keep telling myself Spring is almost here:)

Good luck with the potty training! When he's completely ready it will just happen!! I think it's great that you've started trying though. That takes a LOT of patience!!!

The Sweet Family said...

I think it is stupid that kids have to "be potty trained" at a certain age. Shouldn't it be when they are ready? You are his mom and only you know what is right for him, not Dr. Spock, or whomever!

Have a great rest of the week!

Anonymous said...

I so wish I could make it over to run with you...maybe someday soon if I build up my time & speed :)

MB does have a mind of his own, and I think that being his parents, you are the expert on him - what to do, how to, and when!

I can't wait for LOST tonight!

Love you!