Michael's sitter told me Friday that it's time to start the potty training process. She gently and sweetly said that it would be a good idea to send him in with extra pants and his favorite cloth underwear. I'm a little skeptical, but I know that he acts differently there. He uses the toilet regularly throughout the day at her house, which just amazes me.
At home, when I ask him about using the toilet he tells me to set the timer, which really means-- LATER MOM, I'm playing and will not be bothered. I know that he will likely catch on right away tomorrow and will probably not have an accident just because of Michael wanting to keep up with his peers. He can be stubborn, though, so I think we're going to have more of a challenge at home with potty training.
Yesterday he looked at me, and then down at his diaper, and said, "I'm peeing, Mom." : ) I'm so grateful that our sitter is so willing to work with him, most places leave potty training totally up to the parent. We'll see how tomorrow goes....
We've had a great day and a great weekend! This morning Michael did a fabulous job at mass, no screaming! And, we only brought one car, his blankie, and a tiny etch a sketch; which meant that the noise was kept to a dull roar. We had brunch with Michael and Mary Jane and enjoyed a lovely visit. This afternoon, Michael and I took a really long nap and then we vacuumed! I love weekends when we hardly do a thing and stay really close to home.

4 comments:
Awh...it is hard to believe that Michael is growing up that quickly! His patterns during the day say a lot about him being ready and that is awesome that Peggy works with him! I'm sure he is the type that is done when he's done :) LOVE YOU!
Oh, the fun of potty training!! Good luck! Glad you had a great, relaxing weekend. Miss you!!
~Diane
Bless his heart, he is just not ready. My son was relatively easy because he had to be potty trained for pre-school and he really, really wanted to go, so he did it practically overnight.
Good Luck!
I can't believe how much MB lookes like Danny at that age. Danny was over 3 1/2 when I got him to finally go on the toilet.. It takes a lot of work and you are lucky to have a sitter who will help you. Have a Blessed Easter and give that BIG GUY a BIG HUG for me.
Barbara from RI.
Post a Comment