Our son, our son, our son: is a piece of work. He is also a chip off the old block.
This afternoon I made Michael help me clean up his thousands of matchbox cars, flash cards, and animals. While we were cleaning, Michael handed me a little Easter basket that one of the daycare kids gave him last week. One of the handles was broken on the little basket. He said, "Here, Mom. This is a choking hazard."
I just wonder... Where, oh where, did he pick up this phrase? : ) Possibly his father??? Or, I suppose his mother??? He's really going to be a great big brother one day! : ) His poor sibling, however...
Once again, I managed to neglect all household duties today (mopping and vacuuming), so that I could finish The Glass Castle. It took me less than twenty-four hours to finish. This book is REALLY and truly THAT good. The story is depressing in certain respects, but the theme of survival and adversity is compelling and gripping. And the love and devotion for the author's family is also just unbelievable. (This book is a memoir.) Absolutely unbelievable. You really must find this book and read it. It's one that is good for the soul. My favorite review of The Glass Castle (by the Chicago Tribune) reads, "On the eighth day, when God was handing out whining privileges, he came upon Jeannette Walls and said, 'For you, an unlimited lifetime supply.' Apparently, Walls declined His kind offer."

1 comments:
HAHAHA! Little MB is hysterical! He is so just so smart. I doubt you'd find that many kiddos using the word hazard!
Post a Comment