Thursday, March 13, 2008

Am I Ever Going to Get Better?


Still sick, everyone! : ( Home
again today.  This is the third day this week!!  I guess I just wasn't ready to go back yesterday because I kind of fell apart when I got home last evening. Since Josh is in one of his busiest weeks of the year (corporate taxes are due March 15), he needed to stay at work.  And, this is not Josh saying that he needed to stay--it's ME.  He would have been home in a heart beat, if I would have asked. My mom ended up coming over around 5:30.  She helped me put Michael's Easter bags together, for his daycare friends and she helped me feed Michael.  Once we did those things together, I scooted upstairs.  I hopped into bed, actually crawled into bed, at 6:30 pm last night.  Once again, I had a low grade fever, chills, and now a cough.  My lips are so chapped at this point, I look like I am wearing some sort of awful hot pink lip stick.  My muscles are slowly turning to mush.  : ( My legs especially hurt.  


Michael is having a great week, especially since he has been able to spend so much time with my mom (his Nina).  I miss him, though.  : ( I miss playing cars with him, giving him baths, reading him books, all the fun stuff!  Thankfully, he hasn't picked up this virus, yet.  Today he is having his Easter party at the baby sitter's house.  They are going to have an egg hunt and will have some sort of sweet treat.  We also bought all of his friends little presents, so I can't wait for Michael to pass them around to his buddies.  

Yesterday when I got to the sitter, Michael proudly pulled up his right sleeve to reveal a brand new BUTTERFLY tattoo!! Boy, was he proud!!  It was hilarious!!  One of his friends brought beautiful butterfly tattoos for everyone yesterday.  They all had them on their arms yesterday afternoon.  His little group of friends crack me up, they truly love one another and have so much together.  And, they all certainly have their own personalities.  It is so much fun to pick him up in the afternoons!

Off to bed.  I do have some fun stories to share about this week, once I am feeling better.   I'm feeling like such a wimp this week.... : ( 

3 comments:

Kelly A said...

I am so sorry you still aren't feeling good:(

I will say a little prayer that you start feeling better asap!

It sucks to be sick. I hope you are able to gets lots of rest and just take it easy.

Kelly

The Sweet Family said...

I am so sorry you are still sick! You must have gotten the nastiest strain out there.

I hope you get to feeling better and have a restful weekend!!!

Amy

Melis B said...

I'm so sorry you are still sick. Being a sick mom is TOUGH!

Please please call if I can do anything at all. I know this is a rough time for you to feel under the weather! Call me if you need anything. Would it help at all if I brought over some 'dekes' for your son??? :)

Hugs,
Melis