Monday, February 25, 2008

Still a secret...

Today this little peanut turned 8 weeks today! Hard to believe, it's starting to sink in, I think...The fact that my pants are getting tight is a definite sign that this pregnancy is for real! Our doctor's appointment is this Thursday. I am so hopeful that we'll be able to hear the heartbeat this week, but I know that it's wise to not get my hopes up. Josh will go with me to the appointment, which is scheduled for the afternoon.

For some reason, I have a really hard time during this stage of pregnancy. I'm so excited, but so fearful at the same time. I'm so superstitious about this pregnancy, that I waited and waited to make the doctor's appointment (like a week after finding out) because I was afraid something would happen to the baby or that I was wrong and not really pregnant after all. Same deal with this week's appointment: I still haven't called in a sub! Why? I have no idea. I wish that I wasn't so full of trepidation and could shout our good news from the roof tops. It's just not my nature, nor is it Josh's. We're the worry wart, cautious family type.
I'm happy that I feel so good the day after the half marathon. I was anxious about running the race, even though I knew that I could physically run the race without a problem. It was so hard to not let myself get caught up in "racing". I had to just accept that the hills were going to slow me down and that I would not be running a PR. My time was about 6 minutes slower than the last time I ran this race, but that's okay! With Michael's pregnancy I never would have even THOUGHT about running a half while pregnant! I'd like to run another half before I really start to struggle with running. The next half is in April, I'll just have to wait and see, I guess...
More later...

0 comments: