The race went really well! I finished in under two hours, I think my time was about an hour and 53 minutes, or so. My "splits" were so consistent throughout the race, which made me happy. I did struggle from miles 9 to 10, I had to do a little "self talk" to drag my butt up those hills. There was one really steep one that took my breath away, it was past a bridge which crosses the James River. (The view was beautiful!)
The weekend as a whole was even BETTER than the race. We really need a night away as a family during this time of year. Michael was able to bond with Josh, and I was actually able to SIT DOWN on the hotel bed and just chill out. It always feels SO GOOD to go back to our Alma Mater, without the stress of being a student. I'll provide more details and lots of pictures tomorrow or later in the week, it's been a really long day and I'm tired!
Here's a list of my afternoon activities:
- Emailed a zillion parents after school.
- Went to get $$$ for the sitter, since I wasn't prepared last Thursday.
- Ran into the grocery store for fresh fruits and veggies.
- Picked up Michael.
- Here's where it got sticky-- The sitter's husband got home around the time I got to MB. He walked towards the road to get the paper and seemed to be checking out my car. He patiently waited for me to get outside, and then told me in a very, very concerned voice that my tires were going to blow out. He kindly pointed out the WIRES sticking out of my tire and noted that they shouldn't look that way. He stressed that I really should not be driving my car with the tires in that condition. (I was so incredibly grateful for his advice! You have no idea! )
- I call Josh. Call the kennel to cancel the pick up date for Duncan because I had to get tires today! LIKE ASAP! Serious, serious safety violation on my part.
- Go to the tire shop and get all four tires replaced. Waited for about 30 minutes. The tire guys were AWESOME.
- After we got all set up with new tires, I called the kennel to say: I'm coming to get him!!
- We got to the kennel just before 5:30, the closing time. Michael lost his stinking cars while we were there....those cars drive me crazy!
- I'm exhausted and don't feel like waiting for the picture upload from this weekend. : ( I've got some good ones, so check back tomorrow night!!


5 comments:
Sounds like a great run - and a very busy afternoon today!! How are your legs? :) Call soon!
YAY!! I'm so glad your race went well. I was thinking of you all weekend!! I'm so happy for you!!
Ugh...what an afternoon~~I'm glad you are home safe and sound and all is well. Sorry about the cars though...I know how that goes. :)
Get some sleep....
Hugs,
Melis
Sounds like an awesome weekend. I cannot wait to see pics. Tell MB I said...
Vroom! VROOM!
Love - Meleah
Hey! I'm so glad that you all had a good weekend together in Williamsburg and that the race went well...a lot of hills in a race are hard! Thank goodness about the tires, what a blessing to find out the right way! Love you and can't wait to see the pics :)
Atta girl on the race!!! You are such an inspiration.
Sorry about your rough day after a great weekend!!!
Post a Comment