Thursday, January 17, 2008

Sweet, Sweet Snow!

Weellll! It's snowing! School was cancelled for the day, and I have a feeling that we'll be out again tomorrow.  Josh called earlier to say, "Those kids in G*** don't have a chance!"  If you're scratching your head about that comment, I'll do my best to explain our inside joke.  I teach in a relatively large county, one that extends into deep mountains with dangerous back roads.  Anytime we get snow, that mountainous area generally gets slammed.  Even though the roads might be fine near the schools and the surrounding neighborhoods, it can be really dangerous for those children and school bus drivers way out in the foothills.  So.  We always say, "At least we've got G***!" It looks like the buses will likely have a hard time getting those kiddos tomorrow morning. 

Michael and I got cabin fever prior to the snow this morning.   We ran around town, completing our errands; including the GROCERY STORE!  Honestly, I haven't been to the store in a little over two weeks.  Our cupboards are BARE!  The cart was overflowing this morning, believe me. We also ran over to the sitter's house so that we could be sure she was paid, just in case we don't make it out of the house tomorrow.  (I'm so optimistic, aren't I?  That...  Or, foolish!)  Josh, naturally, threw a fit about us going out in the "storm".  I knew that was coming, even though when I called him it wasn't even snowing yet!  (We should probably just change our last name to W-W or Worry-Wart.)  

When Michael and I got home from our errands, we were surprised to find these gorgeous dishes sitting on our front porch!  They're from my mom, and they were the dishes my parents used during my childhood.  Not only are they the perfect color for my kitchen, I also love the memories they bring back from my childhood.  I've already put them in the cupboards, and have moved the other dishes to the basement.  

Stay tuned for photos, as we haven't really been out to "play" in the snow just yet.  Josh is coming home "early" (like 5pm.) to hide away and work in the office.  We're looking forward to seeing him at a reasonable hour tonight.  I also have a birthday shout out (or, two) coming this evening too.  Have a good one...


2 comments:

4 Gobblers said...

LOL! Did you know that Tom went to G*** Elementary??? Hope you had fun today!
~Diane

Jessica said...

I love the dishes!! I used to have random pieces of dishes just like that when I first moved out! They also really remind me of eating French Onion soup, which is SO yummy!!
Glad you're enjoying this snow and all the time off... Yay!!