Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Time Will Tell:

It seems as though we've got ourselves a little winter weather advisory, Yummy...Yummy!! In light of the advisory and the snowy forecast, Michael and I decided  to bake chocolate chip cookies.  Why? Not real sure what the correlation is between snow and sweet treats, but it seems to work for this family.  And, besides, I don't think you ever need an excuse to bake cookies.  Right?

Unfortunately, though, the cookies weren't all that great. They were flat, kinda like pancakes.  I did make the mistake of letting Michael stir the flour/baking soda mixture.  I'll have to find something else for him to "help" with the next time we bake.  I have this hunch that a good bit of the baking soda was stirred right out of the bowl, just like 1/4 cup of flour! Oh well.  We'll just have to try again, right?  


I'm really hoping for a snowy run tomorrow morning. Those runs are my favorites, w
hen the world is so quiet and beautiful.  It's funny to me how much
 I've changed since I've be
come a mother.  At this point I know that I'm not going to sleep in regardless, snow day or not. So, I might as well take advantage of the peaceful morning and run in the snow.  Pre-Michael?  I would have woken for the snow report (or cancellation) and then hopped back into bed and slept until 10 am or so.  Those days are long gone!  I like things better this way, I was missing out on a lot in our pre-Michael days.  


3 comments:

Kelly A said...

It is amazing how much our children change our lives.....and for the better!

They are a true blessing!

Melis B said...

I love those pictures! Your son is adorable!!

The Sweet Family said...

How sweet when he licks his fingers! Priceless...