Wednesday, December 12, 2007

So, THIS is what I've been missing...


On Monday morning of this week, I noticed that my fellow co-teacher and I were dressed in similar colors: black and gray, both of us were wearing skirts. Yesterday, I walk down the hallway and I notice that we were both wearing gray pants, garnet colored tops, and black shoes. We giggled and giggled and then we proudly showed our "matching" outfits to our sixth grade colleagues, like we were thirteen years old, or something. And, then, at the end of the day we laughed again about matching and we decided that today we'd wear pink and black. And, of course, we stuck to our plan and laughed when we saw one another first thing this morning. The kids are starting to catch on, they're getting a kick out of it (and so are we).

This sums up my school year. I love my co-teachers. L-o-v-e, love them. And, despite the awful reputation that 'special ed' can sometimes have; I couldn't imagine doing anything else right now. To read to a child, one on one, who isn't reading on grade level yet; and then, to see that child concentrate completely on the next task because she wants to learn? It's just such a gift and such a joy. I have a few students this year who I will never, ever be able to forget. They have brought such joy to my life, in a way that I had always longed for (but rarely experienced) while teaching PE.

Despite loving my job this year, I still enjoy snow days. And so, if we happen to have one tomorrow? Michael and I will clean out both refrigerators so that we can prepare ourselves for the Christmas cookie/fudge/cake baking marathon that will kick off on Saturday! I'm just saying, "if"....Never mind. It looks like the weather report has been changed. : ) (Josh says I'm lazy. Maybe I am.)

2 comments:

M the Mommy said...

I LOVE LOVE L-O-V-E that picture of the two of you! I could just eat it. Seriously. EAT IT!

Melis B said...

I don't think you are lazy at all!! It's fun to have something to look forward to. :)

I hope you get some....