This evening I made some room in the garage frig for the baking marathon that will begin early Saturday morning. For the past few years, I have followed my father's tradition of making Christmas fudge. Each year I manage to add a few other baked goodies to my Christmas- goodness- repertoire. I'm planning on making Meleah's Cherry Chocolate Bread, as well as Rosie's pumpkin bread this year; in addition to buckeye balls, magic bars, and maybe some plain old chocolate chip cookies. If you have any other suggestions, please post a comment!
Michael will certainly participate in the baking this year. He is affectionately known around here as our little chef, as he loves to tinker around in the kitchen every evening with me. Sometimes it's a pain and makes cooking a challenge, but most of the time I really enjoy his company.
After writing this post, I suddenly feel the urge to go brush my teeth or grab a cold glass of milk. How about you?
One quick story about Michael B and Josh. Michael, as I've mentioned, likes to race around the house with his vacuum cleaner. He followed suit this evening, but instead Josh and I pretended that Michael was Lightning McQueen and that he was racing in the Piston Cup! He got a kick out of this, so Josh then told Michael that he was Mater. And, Mater was being chased by the Ghost Light. Michael ran about ten feet and then looked at us with a frightened face. Josh said it once more, "The ghost light is chasing Mater! RUN!" Michael then ran to me and jumped in my lap because Josh SCARED HIM. : ( Poor baby. We've spent the past hour trying undo what Josh started. Michael has also been repeating "PISTON CUP!", but the word "PISTON" has been changed to a cuss word. (Lovely!)
To Winter
5 years ago

2 comments:
I love it. I can totally picture MB being scared by having to be Mater. He is SO CUTE!!
Super excited to see you this weekend.
~Melis
Enjoy your baking! I wish I had your energy. I am totally focused on wrapping, wrapping and more wrapping this weekend.
Have a great weekend!!
Post a Comment