Wednesday, December 05, 2007

The Most WONDERFUL Time of the Year!


Ah! Our first semi-snow-day! When the alarm went off at five am this morning, I hit the snooze button and slept for an extra seven minutes or so. And then, I remembered! A chance of snow, said the weatherman last evening! I hopped up, hustled downstairs with Duncan, and peeked out the door. Nothing. Not one stinking snow flake. So, I let Duncan out and re-visited the weather website. Sure enough, snow was still in the forecast. So, I checked my email. Maybe, I thought...there's a chance that the school system is thinking ahead! Nope. Same old schedule.

Once I let Duncan in, I surveyed the damage in the kitchen. I kinda neglected the dishes last night because I just had this feeling that we'd have a delay or maybe more. At that point, I weighed my options. 1. Run. 2. Take the dishes out of the dishwasher and then re-load. Obviously, I ran.

When I came home, I checked my email again, just in case. And, sure enough! We were on an early dismissal schedule. Yeeeesss. Josh was not only awakened by the usual, "Take me downstairs, Dad. I wanna go downstairs, Dad. Mommy run, Dad?" He also heard, though, "WAHOOOOO!!!!!!! EARLY OUT TODAY!!!!!!!! WAHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!" Poor Josh. His response was, "What's the big deal? Isn't that just like an hour off the normal day?" I said, "No. It's actually two."

Michael was very intrigued by the snow. He was puzzled by the fact that the grass was covered. He asked numerous times, "Where'd the grass go, Mom? Where'd the grass go, Mom?" He still can't stand gloves or mittens and refuses to wear either. Which means that he lasts like five minutes playing the snow because his hands hurt! (Go figure! ) He also enjoyed watching the children across the street sled ride. That kinda puzzled him, as well.

Today, was a great day. The Christmas cards are finally done and we had a relaxing, quiet afternoon. This really is the most wonderful time of the year!

2 comments:

Melis B said...

Love the pictures of that sweet little boy! He is just SO cute!!

LOVE the latest blogs too...I have been catching up tonight.

Have a great Thursday~~melis

Harvey Sebastian said...

really cute cute snow pics! How cool is that to have MB actually comment on the whole snow experience. We weren't as lucky. Everything was "full schedule" today.