My friend, Diane, sent this as a forward today. I figured I'd put it on the blog today...Michael and I are enjoying our first snow day! His nap was awfully short, though. Some days I really miss the crib, you know? Feel free to use the following questions on your blog!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bag? I love to wrap gifts, but bags are probably much better for the environment, right? I heard some ridiculous statistic on a radio program about the amount of paper that each individual wastes at Christmas time.
2. Real tree or artificial? Fake! Even the wreath is FAKE, we had a real one last year (a wreath, that is...) and it drove me nuts! Pine needles drive me crazy, but they sure smell good....
3. When do you put up your tree? Thanksgiving weekend.
4. When do you take down your tree? Usually, New Year's Day or the first weekend after New Year's~ Josh is working on Saturday's at that point. (Bleah.)
5. Do you like eggnog? No. It's been ages since I've had some...maybe my taste buds have changed?
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Hug-A-Bunch, Peaches n Cream Barbie, and a bike at Grandma Rose's
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes--One that I'm afraid to put out. Michael is DESTRUCTIVE and I would REALLY be upset if he broke just one piece. And, he would.
8. Hardest person to buy for: Josh! He's so low maintenance and really doesn't ever "want" anything. : ) OH, and my Grandmother's.
9. Easiest person to buy for? My mom. Michael!
10. Worst Christmas gift you've ever received? A KARAOKE MACHINE! (you have no idea....how um...SURPRISED? I was when I opened this gift!)
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Definitely, definitely....MAIL!
12. Favorite Christmas movie? National Lampoon's Christmas AND Miracle on 34th Street.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Oh, sometime in December.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Shamefully, yes.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Dad's fudge.
16. White or colored lights? White
17. Favorite Christmas song? Oh Come All Ye Faithful, The First Noel.
18. Travel for Christmas or stay home? A little of both...we bounce from family to family.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Umm...probably not. And, don't really feel like trying, to be honest.
20. Angel or Star on top of tree? A star.
21. What' your tradition when opening presents? Stockings first! And then, well...We hand them to one another and open them as fast as we can!
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? "Over scheduling, crowds, and forgetting to slow down and remember Christ as the true meaning." ~~Diane said this best. : )
Katie: And, really, I'm not much on Christmas shopping, truth be told...
23. What I love most about Christmas? Church, spending time with my friends and family, giving to others, Christmas cards and baking.

4 comments:
Great answers! :) Hope you had a great day!!!
~Diane
Great answers and a great looking tree!!
Will we see you Sunday??
~melis
What a fun blog entry! It's kind of a new spin on the "learn more about your friends" email that circulates every now and then.
Katie, I have been reading your blog everyday. I am now an addict and I look forward to catching the Kerr-Hobert channel before bed. You have inspired me to keep the Harvey Blog from going extinct
Love,
Laura
My sister had Peaches n Cream Barbie! I was always jealous too...I liked her better than Rose Barbie!!...which is what I had!
Too Funny:)
Post a Comment