Monday, November 12, 2007

Tis the Season!


Meleah must have read my mind, as my recipe to share today is also a "bread". Meleah, this is my recipe that I "force feed my guests" from Halloween to New Year's. (And, I'm not kidding...am I Melissa B.???? They were subjected to my pumpkin bread after church yesterday morning. )

Maybe it's time I try the chocolate cherry bread?


Rosie's Pumpkin Bread (from my running friend, Rosie...)

Mix:

15 oz of solid packed pumpkin
4 eggs
3 cups sugar
1 cup oil
2/3 cup water
8 (YES, 8!!) tsp vanilla

(Stir the "wet" ingredients.) Set aside.

Next, Mix:

3 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cloves
1 cup raisin or chocolate chips (or, both!)----prior to placing the chips or the raisins in the dry mixture, coat them with flour so they don't sink to the bottom while the bread is baking.

Gradually stir the flour (dry) mixture into the sugar (wet) mixture. Stir until ingredients are well combined.

Bake at 350, for 55 min to 1 hour.

This recipe will give you either 2 9x5 loaves or 3 4x7 loaves.

I'm really not much of a baker, but this recipe is absolutely fabulous and comes out well every time I make it! It's probably the chocolate that makes it soooo good. Michael and I made this last Friday when we got home from school, he likes to cook with his Mommy. Christmas cooking is going to be so fun this year. Tomorrow is "linky love". Stay tuned for my favorite links.


1 comments:

M the Mommy said...

SWEET! I cannot wait to try making this bread. I love quick breads -- you know the kind without yeast, so no kneading, rising, waiting, etc. Thanks for sharing this, Kate. I am looking forward to your linky LOVE!

Love love - M