Monday, December 10, 2007

Greedy.


When you have one snow day, you start to crave them every week until March. I scour the weather websites every day, looking for a chance of snow or freezing rain throughout the week ahead.

This weekend wore me out...and, so, I'm finding myself wishing and hoping for a snow day this week. It's not gonna happen; which, is really a good thing especially since we only have five built into our schedule for the year.

This morning was especially crazy because we had to drop one of our vehicles off at a mechanic's shop. (I struggle getting to school on time on a daily basis; in fact, every muscle in my body is tense by the time I get to school in the mornings.) Therefore, the extra time that taking the car to the shop made my blood pressure rise a good fifteen/twenty points.

Even though I was exhausted today and the morning was particularly rough, we had a wonderful evening. Michael has been sleeping really well over the past four/five days, which makes our evenings really fun. Josh and I have been getting frustrated that Michael has been consistently waking at 5:45 am each morning.

We now know that my running watch was waking him in the morning because my alarm was set for 5:30 am. This watch also has a "snooze"feature, so that if you didn't hear the alarm the first time it goes off ten minutes later. And, this, has been causing the little sugar to lose about a good extra hour of sleep every morning.

It's amazing what a good night's sleep can do for a family....

Off to bed,

Kate

2 comments:

The Sweet Family said...

Well, its 73 degrees at 12noon. I am really WANTING snow!!!!! My mom gave me about 4-5 years ago the "snowman" building kit. I would like to use it sometime soon! HEHEHE

Have a fantastic week. I'll pray for snow for you to get another day off!!!

M the Mommy said...

Sleep! Ah! How I love thee. Let me count the ways...
Glad to hear you are all sleeping well. Here's too just a couple more snow days for you!
Love - Meleah