Saturday, August 18, 2007

Summer fading to fall...


"To watchin summer fade to fall
Growin up too fast and I do recall, I go back" ~Kenny Chesney.

This time of year really gets to me... It's time to go back to school. I'm excited. I'm nervous. I'm ready to wear skirts! I'm really, really going to be lonely without my baby boy. My, how I love him.

The start of the school year takes me back to so many happy times in my life. Like, when Josh and I fell in love. : ) I was in ninth grade, he was a junior, and we got to know one another during high school cross country. That MUST be why I love to run, it reminds me (on a subconscious level) of Josh.

This time of year reminds me of when my mom took me to my middle school to register me for school. I picked up my combination lock that day and I couldn't figure it out. I was terrified. This, thankfully, was not indicative of my middle school years. They were wonderful, and I was blessed with some of the very best teachers. And, I became a runner in seventh grade, because of Mr. B.

And, I certainly can't forget college...Uggh. My stomach hurts when I think about the day my parents and brothers dropped me off. Oh, that was so sad. Even though I was desperately homesick, I love to think about the day I met Missy and Kim. I love to think about finishing up my biology lab at four-thirty in the afternoon, with the sun setting because of daylight savings, and walking across that beautiful field back to my dorm.

These memories help me to remember that change is good and that I am opening a brand new door in my life. I'm scared, I really don't want to leave my Michael; but it's time to move along, I suppose...What a great summer we've had...

1 comments:

Melis B said...

Isn't the weather great? I love fall. I can't believe it's here already. Sorry we missed you at church. You can only keep two little ones contained for so long. :)

Have a great Sunday.
~Melis