
There was a time when Josh and I would go to Lowes, check out the paint samples, buy a gallon or two of that sample, and then go home and slap it up on the wall. No research was involved, no planning was involved; we just found a color we liked (or, didn't like...in some cases...) and we began to paint.
Not now!! Times have CHANGED!!
Oh my goodness. This is excruciating! I'm losing my mind (and, sleep!) over paint colors! I've been to Sherwin Williams twice this week. Each time I go, I pick up as many little cards as I can stuff into my purse, and I buy at least three small containers of paint. I've painted about eight poster boards with various shades of greens and browns, and I've found ONE color that I semi-like.
We aren't painting everything, so I have to keep the "future" in mind...For example, if I paint my kitchen purple, then I proably won't be able to paint the entryway turquoise. Although, they just might be on the same palate, who knows?
Tomorrow I'm going to head back to SW and to get a few more samples. I'm drawn to colors with names like Beach House, Mexican Sand, Tiki Hut, Sprout, and Lemon Verbena. It's probably the name, and not the color, that I'm drawn to. Check them out if you get a chance... Just click on the name of the paint color. Tell me what you think by leaving a comment!
Sherwin Williams does have a great website, if you're looking to paint. You can pick a room and then move colors from the palate around. It's helpful to get a general idea of colors from a certain palate. I'm still baffled by it all, though...
To Winter
5 years ago

2 comments:
You have great taste, I can't wait to see what you pick. I still have to come by and see the new place. We'll have to start up our monthly dinners! Wouldn't that be fun again since it's fall (soon) and we aren't all so busy?
Have a good week, Melis
Katie, You should get a bonus from Sherwin Williams... I really miss that big boy that kept telling me "Time out--Gram-ma....Give him a big kiss... Barbara
Post a Comment