Step right up, M.B., you've just earned yourself a trip to the dog show!!
The last time I took M. to church was December. He was just around 18 or 19 months, one of his most challenging stages. I was by myself; as in without my husband, without my parents, without my father in law, without my mother in law, without my friends. It was a traumatizing experience. He was loud, unruly, and boisterous. I threw in the towel the moment that Michael ran away away from me, straight up the aisle of the church, yelling. Eesh. After the game of chase, I lassoed my child and took him to the back. Even in the back, he was too much for me. Waaay to much. So, we left. And, he hasn't been back since. Until, this morning....
Last evening, Josh and I went to a wedding. I announced to Josh that Michael would be going to mass with me tomorrow; even though my original plan was to give M. the summer to mature a bit more. When I returned from running this morning, Josh was showered and ready for church! He even got M up and began to feed him shortly after I started to get ready. (Josh is awesome.)
The mass went pretty much like the start of our day. It was...so smooth, so delightful; and, much to my dismay, so painless! Michael received oodles and oodles of praise; he was quite, he was occupied with his cars and turtles, and was a complete joy to be around!
Instead of leaving the mass with beads of sweat, I left with a giggles of pride. He did it!!
This boy earned himself a trip to the dog show this afternoon. He's been asking to go since Friday evening. Check back for photos!
To Winter
5 years ago

1 comments:
Yay!! Good for you guys. I know how stressful that can be the whole hour you are there. We are still not there with the screamer(Audrey) but maybe at the end of summer. Maybe one Sunday we can do a breakfast afterwards. :) I am so happy for you. Doesn't your Sunday just seem SO good after going to Mass? Enjoy your week~~ Melis
Post a Comment