These are the days of miracle and wonder
This is the long distance call
The way the camera follows us in slo-mo
This is the long distance call
The way the camera follows us in slo-mo
The way we look to us all
The way we look to a distant constellation
That's dying in a corner of the sky
These are the days of miracle and wonder
And don't cry baby, don't cry
Don't cry
(Lyrics by Paul Simon, Boy in the the Bubble)
I must ask, what is so terrible about two? Because from what Josh and I are experiencing, this stage of life is quite beautiful.
Overnight, it seems, that our baby boy has turned into this sensitive, contemplative, reflective, talkative, little boy. He gives the *BEST* hugs and tells me on a frequent basis that I'm pretty. (How sweet...) When says that I am pretty, and receives MUCH praise, he walks away from me with this proud swagger, swinging his arms across his body. His body is saying, "Yeah. I know I'm precious!"
I absolutely love the chattering. And, believe me, it's incessant. "Pretty day, Mommy. What are you doing, Mommy? Why, Mommy? Where's Dadday, Mommy? WHHHY?" He talks about his BFF, Jeff Wiggle. He talks about how many somersaults Jeff can do, and then proceeds to do a somersault himself-that freaks Josh and me out.
We've had a great week. M. has spent a couple days (two) with his sitter. Like I mentioned early in the week, the separation anxiety at the sitter's has been excruciating for both of us. The UGLY cry comes out, which is PAINFUL. Thankfully, though, the sitter is so sweet and loves on our little guy as I head, brokenhearted, out the door.
Today we're going to spend some time with a two girlfriends and their children.
These really are days of miracle and wonder. We're so grateful for our little guy and to have the opportunity to receive his love. What a gift we've been given.

0 comments:
Post a Comment