Tuesday, July 17, 2007

These are the Good Times!




The summer is treating us quite well. My roommate from college came today for a visit with her little guy, who is cute as a button. Michael thrashed him around a little bit, you know...took the toys from the sweet clutches of an infant, shouted "MIIIINE!!", threw his body around without abandon. That old chestnut... I'm kidding, Michael and little E. got along well and seemed to enjoy one another's company, Michael did steal from him, however... My friend's son really sat back with amazement and took in the exuberant flurry of M's activities.

We went to the pool, but it was a quick visit. As in a 45 min visit, very short... Michael was just too tired, and I managed rub a little suntan lotion into his eyes. When we returned home, Michael was very irritable and cranky. As I was taking off his sopping wet bathing suit, he pointed to his crib and said, "RIGHT THERE, RIGHT THERE, RIGHT THERE, MOMMY!!!" He was begging for his nap. And then, when I plopped him into the crib, he said, "THANK YOU, MOMMY!" He went right to sleep. : )

After my girlfriend left, I took a nap myself. I'd like to blame the exhaustion on running, but, really, I think I'm just lazy... Life is so good.

0 comments: