Wednesday, July 18, 2007

On the Road, Again.



Josh and I made homemade cookies a few nights ago.

This morning, as Michael was eating his toast, I suggested that we share some of the cookies with his friends. (He is with his sitter today.) I brought the plates of cookies over to the table and we counted out the cookies to put in the baggie. Once I sealed the baggie shut, he hopped down from the table and was ready to head out the door. That's the fastest that we've EVER gotten ready for the sitter's! I guess it's the thought of sharing something....

Or, is it? On our way, I told M. that he was going to share the cookies with his friends after they had a nutritious lunch. He said, "MY. COOKIES." Oh boy. Maybe he jumped down from the table and grabbed the cookies so that he could brag or show off???? That comment sent me into a long lecture about who would receive the cookies, what would happen to the cookies when he walked in the door, the approximate time he would eat the cookies, the importance and pleasure of SHARING something, he got the whole soap box. After my tirade, he then named off his friends and told me that each one would get a cookie. : ) Yay. Maybe he won't have a tantrum when his sitter brings them our after lunch.

This evening ( or, tomorrow morning--hopefully, not tomorrow...) we're heading out to visit some very, very special relatives! My Grandma, one of my aunts, and then Josh's cousin and her ADORABLE family, as well as one of Josh's aunts. It's going to be so much fun!! Our intention is to hit an amusement park on the way to K's tomorrow. We're hoping that Josh will be able to wrap things up at work quickly this afternoon.

So, stay tuned and follow us on our next adventure.

0 comments: