This morning Michael and I were going to meet my girlfriend and then go for a swim at their pool. It's hot as anything here, and I want Michael to mess around in the water when the water is warm. (He might not be so cat-like, if he got a taste of warm water...) So, we were all set to go after my friend's baby woke up from her morning nap. Unfortunately, though, the sky got very cloudy and my girlfriend and I just bagged the idea of taking the children to the pool.
After concluding that the pool was out, we talked about shopping and going out for some lunch. As wonderful as this plan sounded, I realized that nap time was just a mere two hours away. And, with the days that Michael has had lately--the partying, the swimming, the daycaring; I knew that the afternoon nap was essential today.
Although I was disappointed that we weren't able to catch up this afternoon wi
th my friend, we had a sweet little lunch--just Michael B and me. After lunch, I cleaned the little guy up and we headed to the library in our town. We spent about an hour in the library. Michael seemed a little overwhelmed by all of the books, in fact he didn't even want to rip one off of the shelf. He enjoyed the crayons, the coloring pages on the table, and listening to me read a Wiggles book, as well as A Pickle for Mrs. Fickle. Both were very cute books. The next time we go, we'll sign out a thing or two.

0 comments:
Post a Comment