Boy, oh boy, oh boy, oh boy...
Josh and I are fruitlessly trying to decorate our house. We have strong opposing opinions and a bit of a stubborn streak when it comes to decorating our house. Here's an example: I think curtains are pretty much a necessity, Josh can't stand curtains. He's not the type of husband that my dad is to my mother. My dad pretty much nods his head, smiles, and hangs the rod. Josh, on the other hand, fights me every step of the way...
Especially if the curtains are purple! I bought some blue curtains that happen to have a purplish tint. Josh said, "NO WAY!!! SEND THEM BACK" The curtains were for the play room, but they are now in their box on their way back to a warehouse.
We are making progress, though. However, I doubt that you'll see our work in Southern Living anytime soon.
"Operation Decorate" is at the very top of the to-do list for summer vacation...maybe I'll surprise Josh at the end of each work day. That is a lofty aspiration, I know...
To Winter
5 years ago

1 comments:
Katie
I feel your pain on the decorating. My dad was like your dad -- and whatever my mom did was fine and he would tell her how nice things looked.
Rob, too weighs in on every decorating decision, so it takes us forever to reach agreement -- curtains, carpet, paint -- it is all a negotiation!!!
My Michael has strong opinions on decorating and what he likes and doesn't like. One thing that is strange to me is that he doesn't like old homes -- homes with character -- for example, my brother-in-law has this lovely 100 year old cottage in Nantucket. When we visited last summer, Michael loudly remarked "I don't like this house -- it is old and ugly. There are cobwebs everywhere!" I was so mortified! k
Post a Comment