
I'm beginning to wonder...is the grass always greener on the other side?
There are only three days left of my PE teaching journey. Next year I will be teaching special education, sixth grade, in an inclusion setting. That basically means that my students will be in a regular classroom with other students and I will be working closely with a content teacher. It's going to be quite a change from Pe.
I'm starting to feel like I'm abandoning my childhood obesity crusade, which makes me feel a little guilty about switching to the classroom. There are so many people who think I'm crazy for leaving PE! (of ALL subjects!!), but it's time. Time to change things up a bit and broaden my professional horizon.
It's going to be interesting to see how I'm feeling about this decision next year at this time. In my heart, I'm pretty sure it's the right change. We'll see though...
I do know this, I can't wait to wear skirts next year. I can't wait to wear HEELS. I can't wait to actually WANT to play outside with Michael after school because when I'm outside all day in the heat, playing outside is the last thing I want to do in the evenings. Forget about teaching children how to read or solve math problems, it's all about the skirts and what's best for Michael...
We'll see about that grass, won't we?
To Winter
5 years ago

1 comments:
Let me know about the grass will you?
Because being a stay-at-home mom is great and then sometimes the grass looks oh so green...
By the way, I love those little blue crocs of Michael's -- so cute!
Post a Comment