Thursday, May 10, 2007

Just when I thought he was safe.

Katie: "Hey hon, the fence came today ....it looks great" (talking inside the house, while Michael is outside of the house...)

Josh: "Yeah, I just got the message that you left five minutes ago..."

Michael: No words. Just wailing. Wailing. And, asking for his blankie.

Katie: "UUUHHHH...I gotta go, Michael's crying....BYE."

Michael fell as he was carrying his animal crackers onto the porch. From what I can tell, he tripped and hit his mouth (actually, his gums) on the top step to the porch. His mouth was filled with blood. Eeessh. His teeth didn't fall out, though.

We've had, honestly, a FULL week of accidents with this little guy. Last night he tripped over a ball while playing basketball with Josh in the driveway. From what Josh says, he fell directly on his head. Josh said that Michael's brain was damaged from the fall. He stated, "He's doing dumb things, Kate. I think something is really wrong with him." I'm not kidding...that is a direct quote from Josh.

The very precious fence came today. It is awesome. I love it. Now I don't have to worry about our son running away, or our dog attacking someone who decides to walk through our yard without our permission. Today was proof, however, that I guess my almost two year old son is really never "safe".

Did I mention a few days ago that my stomach hurts???


(We worked on coloring Jeff purple this evening)

1 comments:

Harvey Sebastian said...

Too too cute for words. Happy Mother's Day. We love you, Laura, Joe and HS