Sunday, May 27, 2007

Isn't she Lovely?




Hat's off to Dan and Patty, the wedding was simply gorgeous. Almost as gorgeous as Patty! My goodness, was she a lovely bride! Her dress was awesome, her hair was awesome, her makeup was awesome--she was breathtakingly beautiful! My eyes filled with tears as I saw her getting ready to walk down the aisle with her father.

One of the most poignant moments on Saturday evening was the arrival of Daniel, James, and Clay. Wow, were they handsome. I got very choked up, and my heart was filled with such pride. The three of them looked so happy and goofy (Clay with his VT hat, James with his sunglasses), but there was also a feeling of solidarity and love as they walked together. I hope I never forget the moment when I saw them walk into the back yard.

Daniel was precious. He told me that he was so glad that she didn't have on a veil because it would have covered up her beautiful face. He's such a sweetheart.

The wedding was perfect. Our families really enjoyed getting to know one another, especially Michael and little Sarah. (Sarah's birthday is just a few weeks before Michael's...) What was so moving about Dan and Patty's wedding was the number of people who came to celebrate with them; some came from Canada, some from Florida, and there were lots from California.

The two evenings that our families spent together were so special and will be treasured for years to come. What a wonderful weekend! (More pictures to come tomorrow...)

(Aren't my brothers gorgeous, too???)

1 comments:

Harvey Sebastian said...

That's what I love about you Katie....I don't even know the bride and groom and yet I am getting all choked up reading about it. You make everyone feel connected. Happy Birthday Michael Benton!
Love,
Laura, Joe and HS