Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Not a Day Over Thirty...




Happy Birthday to my dad!! He's looking pretty young, isn't he? That's what spending a day or two with your twenty- something son's at the beach will do for you, I suppose. ; )

We've got a big day tomorrow!! Michael B turns TWO. Birthday preparations began this afternoon when Michael and I made his daycare cupcakes. Boy, did he enjoy that process. And, what a process it was...I've just finished cleaning the kitchen and it's nine o'clock. He was involved in every step, from cracking the eggs to measuring the oil. When the cupcakes came out of the oven, Josh helped Michael ice them and then they added blue sprinkles. (You've GOT to have sprinkles when it's your birthday, right???) Much to my surprise, Michael did not put up a fight about eating one. We simply told him that he had to eat EVERY bite of broccoli on his dinner plate, and he didn't follow through.

I am pretty sure he'll ask for one the moment we wake him tomorrow morning. And, we'll say no.

Tomorrow evening we're throwing a party for the little guy, it's going to be so sweet! Josh ordered him a Wiggles birthday cake, even though Michael just wants Jeff. Something tells me he's not going to turn down a piece of birthday cake, though....

0 comments: