What a week it's been. And, it's only Tuesday.
My brother, Clay, is a student at Tech. I'm having a really tough time dealing with the sadness of this situation. Really tough. Thankfully, Clay is okay and so are his friends. The fear that I felt for him was much like the fear that I felt when I thought we had lost Michael a few weeks ago. Time seemed to stop. My stomach dropped. My knees quivered. I felt like I lost my breath. Josh and I are doing all we can to filter ourselves from the sensationalism of this tragedy. Clay is coming home either today or tomorrow, and I just want to hug him.
There's more...I whole-heartily admit to being TOTALLY paranoid about bruises or marks on my child. This evening his babysitter mentioned a bruise on the inside of his legs, basically his groin area?? Hmmm??? Again, my stomach dropped. What happened to my baby boy?!!!! I've come to the conclusion that his diaper was probably on too tight, and that the diaper rash sores were chaffed by the diaper. Believe me, I was freaked out when I saw this "mark". I'm just now starting to chill out...
In addition to the shootings and the bruising on my son, I have also been in a crummy mood because I spent most of the day outside. It's freezing outside. Well, maybe not freezing, but with the wind chill it was 41 today. I didn't have my hat at school today to keep my head warm, so I've had a headache, my ears hurt...I'm a total grump.
The good news is that today is tax day. Josh got home at a decent hour and his been a huge help. It's great to have him home. My Land's End suits came in today and I'm very, very happy with them...Karen never fails when it comes to great advice...
To Winter
5 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment