Monday, April 09, 2007

Happy 20th, Clay!



My youngest brother, Clay, turns 20 today. I truly remember the day he was born. My brothers and I got home from school on April 9 around four or so, my Grandparents met us at the end of the driveway when we got off the school bus. We received a phone call from my dad soon after we walked in the door. I was on the phone with him, in my parent's bedroom, when he broke the news that my mom had a boy. Another boy. I argued for quite some time about whether my dad was joking about the sex of the baby. I just could not BELIEVE that I did not have a sister! My dad eventually gave up on the argument and asked to speak with my Grandmother. Even though Clay was not the sister I dreamed of as a little girl, I love him...very much.

0 comments: