Tuesday, April 10, 2007

"I wan some!"


Michael and I are having a GLORIOUS week.

We spent a large part of the day with my sweet friend, Nikki, and her children.

During our excursion with the children, we stopped at a store to check out the very popular, "CROCS". I decided to try a pair on Michael because I have been toying with the idea of buying him a pair for summer. And, as it turns out, Michael loves that idea. In fact, he wanted Crocs in "GAWEEEN, ORN-GE, and WELL-WOH." He began to throw a bit of a fit because he wanted to try on each color, a few times. He even tried to rip off his left shoe for me because I only removed his right shoe.

In case you're wondering~ I didn't purchase the crocs today. Partly because my purse has been in Josh's car all day because I forgot to take it out this morning after my run. (Try shopping without a wallet- - -not fun!) I also didn't purchase the crocs because of a piece of advice I received this weekend from Karen.

(Here's the advice to mother's of tots: Explain to your tot that you will not be buying them ANY-THING in the store. And then, of course, follow through with that statement. It makes sense, doesn't it? There's no expectation on the tot's part this way, and you can (maybe...hopefully...) avoid a tantrum about the toy (or, shoes, in Michael B.'s case).)

1 comments:

Harvey Sebastian said...

I am so sorry that we missed Easter Weekend with you guys! Missing you and promise to visit soon.
xoxo
Laura, Joe and Harvey
PS I am just LOVING your blog. Your descriptions of Michael's development are precious in every way.