Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Angel Hair

"That ain't snow, Mike. That's angel hair. We done died and gone to heaven."



There was a reason behind the rush to buy snow boots and a snow suit this weekend...the "big one" is with us today and into tomorrow. The big one is in reference to a "significant" snow storm that we are experiencing. I don't know if I'd call it significant, though.


Last night on CNN, after I watched more gar- BAGE about Anna Nicole and "Daniel the second"--oops...I mean, Dannielynn, there was a story about a town in New York with TWELVE feet of snow!! Can you imagine?! And, even more shocking, the KIDS HAD SCHOOL!! I don't know why Larry King wasn't doing a story about that instead of Anna and the love triangle. Unfortunately, we all know why Larry was a doing the Anna story... don't we?

Our snow day has been awesome. Really, it has. I got out for a run this morning before the roads got too bad. It was so peaceful, and quiet. Josh and I were able to talk to each other for about twenty minutes this morning, which was a treat. Michael got up around 8:30, and I made him pancakes. That was a first for me, I have never made him pancakes. We played and then walked to see my dad. James (my brother) and Lindsey (his girlfriend) brought me a yummy coffee and played with Michael. And now, the Sugar Plum is taking a nap. Josh and I had our first full night's sleep last night, since last Thursday. We were very grateful to Michael.


Quote from: (Charles Beaumont (1930-1967), U.S. screenwriter, and Edward Bernds. Lt. Turner (Patrick Waltz), Queen of Outer Space, looking at the landscape from their crash site (1958). From a story by Ben Hecht (1893-1964); real name Charles Nutt.)

1 comments:

katie k-h said...

okay...it's significant if we lose power. how about that?