Sunday, February 11, 2007

Michael + Grocery Store = Sweat.


The person who came up with the clever idea of putting candy in the checkout aisle is a *genius* in the eyes of a twenty-month old. Thankfully, Michael doesn't realize how much he would *love* what's in those tiny packages. Normally, I can distract Michael by getting him to help me put the groceries on the belt. Not today. He furiously grabbed the candy from the shelves. I told my dad at lunch today that I felt like I was watching an old TV show where the objective of the game was to stuff the grocery cart with as many groceries as possibly in a minute. Except the difference with Michael, was that he tried to rip as many pieces of candy (or gift cards) off the shelves as quickly as possible. If he is interrupted in this process, someone is gonna pay...and usually, it's me.

Other than the grocery store workout, we had a great day. I purchased my son a snow suit. Yes, I broke down and bought him a "3T" snow suit. He's not even close to a 3T, but he should be able to wear it for years to come. Tomorrow I am going to look for some boots and mittens!

0 comments: