Friday, January 19, 2007

Two Peas in a Pod


After enduring the never ending question, "Where's Ernie???," for the past two weeks; I decided we needed to find Michael B. an Ernie doll. That's right, we have been searching for an Ernie doll for our little guy. He LOVES, LOVES, LOVES Ernie!! When I picked him up from the sitter's today, I told Michael that we were going to buy him his first doll. He repeated the word "doll" all the way to Toys R Us. Our Toys R US isn't that big, unfortunately we didn't find Ernie. However, I did find a new Wiggles CD for our little guy. It has Michael's favorite song "Hot Potato" as the first track.

Michael and I then forged through this nasty wind, in our warm car, to Target. It's clear I'm on a mission when I pass right by the popcorn and a coke deal (it's just a buck and ten cents). Thankfully, Target had just what I was hoping for...a little six inch Ernie doll. Unfortunately, my son did not give me the response I was looking for when I showed him this precious little Ernie. He looked at it, threw it on the ground, and said, "NO!!" Right then, I almost called Josh in disbelief and disgust. There were two women who turned things around for us, though. They looked at the little Sesame Street dolls and exclaimed that they were adorable. And then, somehow, Michael figured out that his Mommy was holding the one (and only) Ernie doll in the store. Finally, he was interested! The rest is history. Ernie has been fed dinner, he has been diapered, pushed in a wagon, given a bath, watched Michael play, chewed on by Duncan, and put to bed with Michael. He's just the right size. Small enough
for Michael to tuck under his arm, while still holding his blankie. What a great night!! I LOVE Target!!

0 comments: