Thursday, January 18, 2007

Angie Doesn't Live Here

Strange title, right? We've had phone call, after phone call, after phone call for Angie since we've moved. It's so aggravating. The high school left a message about Angie's son leaving school without permission, a PE teacher from the middle school calling about her daughter's lack of participation in class, and a debt collector calls daily, and then there was a call from an elderly woman calling for Angie's Grandmother. We need to change our voicemail to say, "Hi, if you're calling for Angie, her children, or her Grandmother hang up and throw away this number!" It might sound kinda grouchy though, and there's a strong chance that it's a computer leaving a message anyway. As you can tell, we've had a few messages left today for Miss Angie.

This afternoon I figured that we would forgo the walk and play inside. My office at school ranges between 60-62 degrees. That's a great spring/fall temp, but that's PLAIN COLD when it's below freezing outside and you're recovering from a cold. Michael lasted about an hour inside, and he then he requested a walk. So, I pulled out the crayons. This distracted him for about ten minutes and then he remembered we skipped our daily walk. I couldn't say no to him and Duncan, knowing that we should all be getting fresh air (even if it is FREEZING cold fresh air...) so we bundled up and headed out with the leash and the wagon. We got halfway around the block and Michael changed his mind. GRRRReat! I managed to keep him in the wagon for the rest of the way, thank goodness he was buckled in because he was squirming his way right out of the wagon. Once we made it home, he had a few grapes while I made dinner and then...we played and bathed until Josh got home.

0 comments: