Monday, December 15, 2008

Falling Behind





Well, Christmas is how many days away?  I don't even know.  Christmas Eve is like next Wednesday, right? Most days I don't know the date, and sometimes I even lose track of the day of the week.  That's what an infant and a toddler will do to you, as well as a lack of sleep.  It goes without saying that lots of days we're barely keeping our heads above the water. So, to think about sending and signing 100 + Christmas cards, and shopping for family members, and baking; I begin to feel a tad bit overwhelmed!  It would help if I made a shopping list and made a list of goals to accomplish each day, but most days I'm lucky if I eat lunch.  Next year may not be easier, but we'll probably have this two kid thing down and we'll likely (hopefully!) be a bit more organized.  Maybe...

Even though we've been going a hundred miles a minute over the weekend, we've been doing a number of fun things with the babies.  On Saturday we took the boys Christmas shopping at the outlets and out to lunch with my parents.  Michael got his first pair of running shoes!  They are so incredibly cute, they even have laces.  : ) Saturday night Josh and I went to a very fun adult only Christmas party!  It felt great to get dressed up in pants that were waaaaay too tight and could have spilt at any moment.  Think of sausage all wrapped up in a pretty green jacket because that would describe my outfit for the party.  We had a wonderful time, thank you Cary and Melissa!  Michael and Nicholas spent the evening with Michael and Mary Jane.  Nicholas had his first bottle, which he sucked down quickly.  Three cheers for no nipple confusion!  Hip, Hip, Hooray!  

And now it's time to clean these floors before the boys wake up, so that I can sign Christmas cards until the wee hours of the morning.  Complaining aside, I do love the holidays! 

1 comments:

Mary Jane said...

such a beautiful Nina...and he loves her sooo much.
Nice...