Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Ariel is for girls!


Michael is sick.  'Tis the season, right?  At least he's getting past this cold/bronchitis before Christmas this year.  He's had a dry cough for awhile now, and then managed to pick up a cold on top of the bronchitis.  We had quite an adventure at the pediatrician's office yesterday!  Let's just say he was possessed: kicking, screaming, crying, all of it. The poor resident, she may have changed her mind about pediatrics after that visit.  Dr Dan quickly got little Michael settled, though.  It was like magic to me, others may just call it experience.  Anyway.  The pediatrician says he's not contagious, and that medicine wouldn't help at this time. Lovely.  Those are the visits I live for!  Basically, we are left to enjoy the misery of a sick three year old. Couldn't he have slipped a little cough syrup with codeine into my purse?  

In an effort to spoil Michael even more than he already is, I took him to the dinky little movie store here in town.  I'm all excited because Horton Hears a Who is out now, and he could care less.  Michael was in hot pursuit of a new Thomas movie, but he's seen all of the ones at the store.  (It's very, very, very small!)  When I saw Ariel's Beginning on the shelf, I pulled it down and asked him what he though about Ariel.  In a disgusted voice and completely annoyed by the suggestion, he said, "Ariel is for GIRLS, Mom!" Wow. : ) I didn't realize that he is at the age where there is a difference between "girl" movies and "boy" movies.  Guess I missed the boat on getting to watch Cinderella and The Little Mermaid again.  I wanted to call Josh right away, but I don't think he'd appreciate the humor while working on taxes and whatnot.  I'll have to save it for this evening...


0 comments: