Sunday, November 23, 2008

Future Mayor?

It's really hard to tell what the future holds for Michael B. Some days I think he is destined to be a teacher. He loves to walk around the house with a pad of paper, practicing his letters, while teaching me how write the letters. ( Forgetting who taught him in the first place...) On his most inquisitive and argumentative days, I feel certain that he will be an attorney. And then, there are days when he walks around with a tooth brush in his mouth all morning long. On those mornings, I would place money on dental school. This morning, though, he had the charisma of a politician.

Josh and Nicholas did not make it to mass this morning, so Michael and I enjoyed our one on one time together. Before we left, I made sure to feed Nicholas so that Josh wouldn't have to deal with a starving babe. In the meantime, Josh made sure that Michael had a FULL glass of water so that he wouldn't be thirsty during mass. (He had a glass of OJ because of his cold just prior to the water.) You know what that means!! We made it to the homily and Michael demanded to use the restroom because he had to pee. I chuckled and knew that he really did have to go considering he was forced to drink a gigantic cup pf water before we left. We headed out of the church to the restrooms and began the long process of taking care of business.

After we took care of things, we walked back into the church as a family was lining up to deliver the host. Michael struts on in the church, just smiling AND WAVING away! I have no idea what prompted this behaviour, it's not like I was waving to anyone or anyone was waving to him. I felt like we were in a parade, or something!! He began to wave with his left hand, which I quickly grabbed. And, then he started to wave with his right, flicking his little hand all over the place! He wasn't laughing, like he was trying to be mischevious, he truly thought that everyone in the church was happy to see him. Or, maybe he was just thrilled to be back in the mass? Who knows! He did quit waving after I explained that his behaviour was not appropriate at that time. I wanted so badly to laugh, but I knew that I would only make him wave more. So, I put on the stern mommy face instead.

We're going to spend a lot of time together today, which is so much fun. I'm taking him to a CARS birthday party, while Josh and Nicholas watch some football!

Posted by Picasa

0 comments: