Sunday, October 26, 2008

Melts my heart...



This morning, while preparing breakfast, I peeked into the playroom to check on Michael and Nicholas.  The baby was strapped in the bouncy seat, trying to sleep.   And, Michael was playing with his cars, or so I thought.  When I stuck my head in the room, there was Michael sitting beside the bouncy seat, reading Nicholas the book "I'll Always Love You".  I quickly tried to find the camera, and couldn't find it quickly enough.  Nicholas started to cry.  And, I heard Michael say something like, "Well, if you're gonna cry, then I'm not going to read to you, Baby." Even though the moment was over,  I laughed to myself and continued to look for the camera.  When I finally walked in, there was Michael B.  trying to console his brother with a little kiss on the forehead.  We then played together, the three of us, by introducing Mr. Nicholas to tummy time and letting him stretch out on the floor .  

These pictures are not from this morning. Once the camera battery is charged, I will be sure to post them!  We're also going to a party on the mountain this afternoon, so I'm very hopeful that we will have a few family photos to share from the celebration!

7 comments:

Melis B said...

That is such a sweet moment!! Your son is so sweet! I hope all is well. We sure miss you guys. I hope we can plan a night for dinner....let me know.

xxx
Melis

rugglemd said...

that is incredibly sweet and such a wonderful thing to walk in on unsuspectingly...

Kelly A said...

Aw...That is SO sweet!! Don't you just love moments like that :)

I am glad that you all are doing well. You have a Beautiful family Katie!!

Mary Jane said...

thank you so much for this blog, Katie...I love it.
Michael sharing Moo is just too adorable...great photo!
Love those 2 boys...mj

Jamie said...

Your boys are just too cute. These moments are just too precious. Hope you are enjoying your time at home. I love that Michael is already sharing with his little brother Nicholas.

Take Care,
~Jamie

Amanda said...

Oh my goodness, so sweet! What a wonderful morning treat.

Anonymous said...

Its funny Kate... I used to do the same with James and you used to tell me "Daniel, you know you can't read!'. Grandma Frances reminded me today. Thought you would find it funny.
Dan