Monday, October 27, 2008

Our First Day!

Today was my first day of flying solo with Mr. Michael and Mr. Nicholas.  And, even though we still have  a few hours before Josh rolls in the door, I would venture to say that the day was a success.  I haven't gotten much done; other than feeding the boys, putting the boys to sleep, cleaning up the breakfast dishes,  and showering.  I guess that's the way that things are going to go for the next few weeks, actually, maybe months! : )

Today was also our first day of joining the local Mom's Club!  We had a blast.  Today's activity was a bustling Halloween party.  Michael brought his costume, but refused to wear it.  We had lunch with the other mothers and their children. Michael did a craft, decorated a cookie, and even jumped on a moon bounce.  Unfortunately it is FREEZING cold today, so he didn't last too long outside.  It was really interesting to watch Michael in this setting, we literally knew three people at this outing: two mothers and one little boy.  You would never know that Michael had never been around this group before.  He jumped right into all of the activities and was incredibly sociable.  I have a feeling that he was comfortable because it was similar to daycare: noise, toys, chaos, lots of kiddies!  Of course, Nicholas slept right through the
 party. All three of us had a blast, and I'm looking forward to next week's activity already.  The best part of the party was getting to know other families who live in our neighborhood.  

I would certainly say that our day together was a smashing success!  I am totally exhausted, though... Thankfully, Mary Jane made us a delicious dinner for this evening.

0 comments: